Friday, July 6, 2012

Proud Mom moment

I don't know if it was the gained independence while playing over at a friends house solo, or cuddling on the couch with me for a bit while his brother napped, Or the relief that the Thunderstorm passed over us this evening, or maybe he is buttering me up for something:), but I was so pleased with Daniel this evening. 

Thoughtful, mindful of others, compassionate, responsive (the first time), humble, and very Thankful. 

Now don't get me wrong he always shows the qualities, but they are sometimes jumbled up with some random eight year old boy "stuff" (if I need to fill you in let me know:)). 
Bogey and I always try to remind each other "Compliment the positive."  So tonight as far as compliments go, they were shooting at Daniel left and right.  Again don't get me wrong I love that child more than life itself, but sometimes I admit it, he kinda makes me crazy. 
I think that is because I KNOW how amazing he is and I try my hardest to set him up for his best potential right now. 

OK so I think I have reached my rambling point of the topic, so to wrap up.  I think Daniel is quite an amazing young man and I love him no matter if he is making me CooCoo or blowing me away by how awesome he is.  Thankfully this evening reflected the latter:) 

Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment